Buying Linux Goodies in Madras

Hi,
  I'm looking to purchase a textbook , beginner's guide basically , for
Linux [ My budget range is like under Rs 1.2 K ... I suppose I should get a
textbook , with some distribution , i'd like Slackware actually ... and
other extra stuff ? ]  ; I'm using RedHat 6.0 . What textbook(s) are
recommended for this purpose and where might I obtain them ? I suppose Eswar
book House might stock a couple books ... and Dove Multimedia ? Any
pointers,tips etc would be appreciated. Also , if there's a copy of
StarOffice 5.1 [ The version that's compatible with Red Hat 6.0 ] lying
around someplace , I would be thankful if someone could pass over the cd(s)
for a couple hours so I can cut a personal copy assuming thats legal and the
rest of it...
Thanks
-Ravi.