Re: Login issues.

Hi,

From: avrcprasad

From: Sridhar

> This means that the X server is not able to successfully run the window
manager
> (gnome in ur case). Make sure you have all the window manager
configuration
> files in ur 'g' home directory before you log into 'g'. These will
typically be
> in .gnome-desktop & other .gnome* dirs. U may login as another user &
verify if
> these files/dir. are present & have the appropriate permissions.

        What has been said may be true, but the problem is that when I
created a new login "a" and ran startx, gnome started without any problem
and I have customized enlightenment to my needs. The problem seems to be
only in the login "g". The same result with another new test login I
created. Why a problem with only that login name? BTW, in "g", after startx,
the enlightenment progress bar completes and then only do I get stalled with
that grey mesh with a pointer. So obviously, the window manager has been
invoked.
        Just for fun, anybody knows how to make a login have only
enlightenment as windowmanager (without gnome). Anything like wmaker.inst
for E?

Thanks a lot
Gautam.