Re: Sound Config

> > example ) and the wav files I copied from the Windows partition do not
> > play at all( eg. Dangerous Creatures, etc ).

>        If that is so, with what are you playing the wav files?  Are
> you using "play" (provided with the sox package)?  If so try
> installing wavplay and use it.  I believe it will solve your problem.

	I tried using 'play'.
Output:
sox: Unable to set the sample size to 16

I dont have wavplay installed. "rpm -qal | grep wavplay" does not show
anything. Anyway, my main aim is to learn configuration more than playing
the wav itself. It is just by the way that I would like to use these wav
for events in KDE and GNOME. Even kmedia does not play these wav files.

>        If I understand correctly, the current setup of your sound
> card (as an SBPro) plays mp3's, midi's and the Linus Torvalds message
> (/usr/share/sndconfig/sample.au) perfectly but doesnt play larger wave
> files from Windoze properly - correct?

I dont think size matters. For that matter, even some of the wav files
I got by installing KDE and GNOME( in /usr/share/sounds ) do not play at all.
The error message above is with regard to the startup3.wav .

Thanks
Gautam