Re: Featuring comm sites on ILUGC

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 12:48:30AM +0530, BGa said:

 => As long as it is associated with Linux do we really _care_ wether it free
 => or o/w? More importantly, speculations aside, do we have folks objecting

	Uh-uh, I'm not so sure. This basically boils down to the debate
between the GPL and BSD camps.

 => Moreover, if we were to blindly adhere to this, we will have to ignore any
 => explicitly-non-free work on Linux that is done by a
 => company/corporate/individual... you see, there are those of us who have to

	Let me put it this way. Any Linux/free software success story is
a welcome phenomenon. However, if we have these companies contributing
back to the movement, while keeping their commercial interests in mind,
it is going to be that much more relevant.

 => The question is : Does one care? ILUGc is about _us_. We as ilugc want to
 => promote Linux. Period. Or am I missing a larger issue here?

	What does the rest of ilugc have to say about this issue ?

 => Oh, and I have one more request, I know we do not plan the content of our
 => meetings ahead, but, coud we put whatever sparse data we have on the agenda

	As much information as is available is being put up.

							-arun

--
If you teach your children to like computers and to know how to gamble
then they'll always be interested in something and won't come to no real harm.