IRC server status

'Allo there :
  News up on my front ... Talk is on with the Owner(s) of chat.canadaeh.ca
... canadian IRC server ... and We will have possession of the room #Linux
to start with and how many ever more we might need ... such as
#Linux-Technical though IMHO they would be unneccesary ...
  XIRC is still having certain problems...  they now have 3 bases ...
running Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5  [ I think ] and they have a Win NT
IRC server ... AND an IRC Plus [ www.ircplus.com ] server also .... so
they're wondering what to use ... and so on .. other practical problems with
setting up www.xirc.com and who would get to maintain the server since the
financier / principal owner of the setup is dis-interested but unmindful of
the costs/hardware required since he runs a Computer Store and he has 7
dedicated AMD K-6s on the net 24/24 currently on a T3 ... all in his home ..
so we might make use of what we need... but more on that later ... I
personally prefer CanadaEH for its far more professional and they have many
many people running the business ...
  List Admin of IlugC , Linux-India itself [ Thaths ? ] ... and I have no
idea who else [ Who ever Prabhu / Arun might want keeping Operator Status
.. ] ... would have access to modifying room status and setting room modes ,
having Operator status there ... with the ability to kick etc... If any of
the Admin guys want to , they me lease out the password to other people
within the list itself ... This [ Granting Operator Status to people ] would
be necessary to curb the annoyance created due to weird users ...
  We *MIGHT* have external Canadian hosts who will enter with Ops .. and
'host' the room ... but the bottom line is .. we still own the room ... I'm
wondering if we should keep this room as 'private' in which case we wont
have any canadian hosts etc.. and we will manage the room itself ... IMHO
,..... I would think it would be advisable to let them in ... just as Atul
puts it ... Linux is not *chennai* based ... ;]
  [ Any comments/suggestions/info/guidance/cribs/brickbats/bouqets are
welcome ... ]
  I *did* 'chat' with Vivian - the only other pro-IRC guy on ilugc ;)
earlier today .. and it was productive to say the least. ...
  The room will be up very shortly ... maybe before the weekend with
necessary room modes etc.. and I would like ilugc / LI list admin to give me
a default topic .. such as " Welcome to #Linux! " or whatver you might think
of ...
  Bots , Automated Guidance Scripts , advertisement of our room on
http://www.canadaeh.ca/ will be subject to our keeping the room public and
will come up once the turn out is checked out ... if the room booms... we
will have all that and more ..! A reflection on the motd maybe ?! ;)
  Anyone wanting to contribute may write back to the list ...
  Regards ,
 - Ravi.

PS : Mr Srikrishna : You wanted the RH 6.0 CD and I called you up the same
day you mailed and you said you'd pick it up ? I'm still waiting ;] ... And
btw .. you can pick it up anytime of the day/night because there are
standing orders to lend out the cd to anyone that comes and asks for it ...
even if I'm not at home .... Others...dont get ideas! ;]

PPS :  Vivian : My e-mail and other info is at the end for your reference on
the BBS thingy... ;]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*
The future is simply infinite possibility waiting to happen. What it waits
on is human imagination to crystallize its possibility.

~ Leland Kaiser ~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*
This e-Mail comes to you from :
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*