Re: pardon me !

mr. Ravi Rao

Thanx for taking so much pain in answering my questions .

well .. i aint no pro-ICQ :-) but .. jus wanted to make communications easier.

> Worldwide... But also for the users of ilugc .... This can be arranged the
> way the list wants it ... we could have #Linux-Chennai and #Linux-India and
> #Linux itself ... but Looking at a room like #Computer-talk on the TalkCity
> server ... I would think just one room called #Linux would suffice ... Its
> no problem to run more rooms though..

talkcity is OUT OF THE QUESTION !!

>   We could have a 'bot' - ROBOT - that stays in all the Linux Rooms which
> could be user friendly like give out 'useful' URLS/Links such as
> metalab.unc.edu etc ... and it could be made dynamic in that authorized
> users/ everyone could add their URLs to this ....

i have been on IRC for the past 2 1/2 years and have experience in writing
scripts for mirc and pirch ... so that should be no problem

> 2 ] currently xirc.dyndns.org - I'm Server Admin there ... and life would be
> *VERY* easy in here .. 'cause we could do what we wanted to since its a
> private server belonging to my friend in the US ... Its running on a 48 GIG
> stacked HDD  over a T3 Line at the moment 24/24 ... soon to move to a T2
> ..can take 10,000 connections currently , web based chat , chat clients
> like mIRC , Pirch , xchat etc ...  and I could go on all day about the
> current setup of the server ... but I am not too sure people want to be
> spammed ... if you're *REALLY* interested in the configuration of
> xirc.dyndns.org - soon to go to xirc.com  - e-mail me and i'll write back
> personally...suffice it here for me to tell you that its more than
> sufficient for our needs.

That would be great if you can do it .. ( if ILUGC approves it )

>   Note that this would require moderate amount of work to be done ... like
> writing up scripts for the Linux HelpBot ... and talking out to Server
> Admins etc.... and Let me tell you that I will NOT do it alone... if there's
> some guy(s) willing to help ... with/without experience... i'll go right
> ahead once the list admin approves of our own room ....

well look no further .. i will be there to help you ...

my mail ID is tombraider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
may be we could take this conversation in private mail !

bye
|vivian|