Linux demo day

Hi all,
I've come up for a breath after being buried underground so long.
Here are my two cents worth on the activites for the LDD (Linux Demo=20
day)being planned worldwide.
If all folks of the LUG agree (and only if they agree) we have a first=20
floor at LST at 86,TTK Road, which can be used for free (about 1000 od=20
sq.ft) for the LDD. The date could be set for 18th & 19th September if=20
convenient.=20
 Some ground rules however:=20
This is gonna be a Chennailug show  - not Lateral or anybody else...
We are prepared to foot the bill on a sharing basis with other=20
corporate members for the following: (Corporate members, could you=20
please stick your head out where you can be counted???)
1.Cds to give away... about 100 (@Rs.150 each) -Rs.15,000
2.Tea and snacks -  300 people per day (expected) @Rs.10 -Rs.6000
3.Advertisement in the Hindu - Rs.10,000 (plan is to put in BOLD in=20
the classifieds on Sundays where it can stand out)
4.Machines - We can pitch in couple of machines and laptops-dunno if=20
our projector would be serviced by then. Can a techology committee be=20
formed to decide on what technologies to showcase? (Prabhu,=20
Ooomen,Dr.Sriram,Asokan,what say you?)
I've seen a lot of hands for volunteers -great... can some of you form=20
a team for coordinating publicity. We can then ensure write ups in=20
major magazines. I would also like to discuss activities in detail .
There's great deal of work to be done and not much time left- so=20
please do write in your suggestions asap if this event has to get off=20
the ground successfully.
Thanks
Rosh=20
rosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                      Lateral=20