Re: Newbie : KDE Installation + Mouse Configuration + X - Help

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Ravi Rao wrote:

>  Hi ,
>    I have a CHIP RH 6.0 Installation [ on 1.2 gigs Main Partition with 137
>  Megs Swap Space ] and I have still been unable to configure my video
>  settings properly , after poring thro' manuals etc...
> I have a LG StudioWorks 440 Si Monitor with :
>  Horizonatal Frequency - 30~48 kHz ; Vertical Frequency - 50~90 Hz with
>  Display Area 260 X 190 mm ; Video Bandwidth 65 MHz ; Resolution 1024 X 768
>  Non Interlace , 60 Hz Refresh Rate .

--USE xf86config - u can manually set these things.

>    I have an Eagle Trident T 4750 VGA Video Card which is High Performance
>  3D/2D GUI/Video Accelarator PCI/AGP . It claims that it supports
>  1600X1200X64k Hi-Colours mode using 4 MB of EDO DRAM or SGRAM [ Whats SG
> ? ]
>  .. It also supports 1024X768X64k Hi-Colours mode using 2 MB of Video
> Memory.
>  [ I have 32 MB SD RAM , 4 MB of Video RAM . ] Also , a 3-Button Logitech

--the same applies here. Use SVGA server and set your Video RAM etc. take
a look at /etc/X11/XF86Config. Change the order of mode-lines in the
"Screen" section to your choice of default mode. If you have colormap
allocation problems, or other display problems, try using Option
"no_bitblt" and "no_accel".

>  Serial Mouse , .... Model Number M-M35 [ I think ] ... It's the standard
>  Logitech mouse that everyone [ by default ] has .

--Configure it as a Microsoft Compatible mouse and emulate 3 buttons. IT
WORKS.

All the best.

Prasanna.