Re: [Re: What are compatible softwares to win98]

Hi Eve, =

Zameer Ahmed <zameer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Mehul Jhaveri

>> DOES DOS APPLICATION RUNNER AVAILABLE ?

DOS Eumlator is available can run BC++ and Edit

>> DOES MSOFFICE-97/2000 SOFTWARE AVAILABLE ?

>    No, alternate suites like Applixware and Star Office is available

>> DOES THEIR FOXPRO COMPATIBLE SOFTWARE OR ALTERNATIVE IN LINUX AVAILABL=
E ?

>    I am no expert here...Can any one fill this?

    I think You can use flagship. But I am not a DBMS or RDBMS guy.

> DOES PNP-PCI SOUND CARD INSTALLATION SOFTWARE (Any Generic Driver avail=
able
?) IS AVAILABLE ?

        AFAIK SB 16 generic cards from Creative are the safest bet. Many
other

>> CAN I MOUNT WIN98 VOLUME IN LINUX AND LINUX VOLUME IN WIN98?

>        Sure VFAT or FAT 32 poarttions can be mounted and about Linux vo=
l in
Win 98 I dunno. Of course you can use SAMBA

>>IS IT POSSIBLE TO  CONFIGURE LINUX WORKSTATION TO LOGIN NOVELL SERVER ?=

>        Yes try NCPFS

>> COPYING FROM / TO DOS FORMATED FLOPPIES.

>        Use mcopy utils

>> DOES REMOTE BOOTING LINUX WORKSTATION POSSIBLE ?

>        YES YES YES

> >I you can give me suggestion or solutions then I can give you a garran=
ties
for making 50 Machines a Linux flavoured of my group at a time.

 >       Go Ahead May the Force be wit you ;)

>Regards

>Zameer Ahmed

 With Regd =