RH6 on CHIP-CD ( was Re: [Debian Available at Landmark])

On 29 Jul 1999, Vijai Ren wrote:

vijairen> Hi Eve ,
vijairen>
vijairen>  Debian Is available in Dove Multimedia , egmore.
vijairen>
vijairen> I got stuck up in wine installation which came with chip Linux issue CD.
vijairen> it says it needs some other package ( libGR*. ) for proper operation.
vijairen>

Is glint there in this dist?
I couldn't find and when I installed the glint rpm from 5.2, it failed.
Other than the one in the GNOME interface using which the rpm's to be
installed can be selected, which other utility is available for package
management?

Glint was very useful as it used to give the module-tree structured
display of the installed/available packages.

Also, the CHIP's RH looks like a publishers' copy and need not be
full-featured? Source is missing too.

Overall the look and fell is better, although performance-wise this intial
release is said to be very much buggy.

Heard that PCQ is coming out with a stable RH6 soon....

-
Oommen.

vijairen> i tried with suse distribution but it says it need some ( xshare , Xlibg*)
vijairen> packages.
vijairen>
vijairen> If anybody know's how to install wine please reply immd.
vijairen>
vijairen> thanks
vijairen>
vijairen> With Regd