Problems with SiS6215C & Installation of Debian

Hi,

I'm having an SIS 6215C card with 2MB videoram. Linux (RedHat5.2) is
however uable to detect it directly. I don't think that this card is
supported. Apart from Generic VGA, is there any other option? My monitor
is 1024x768 non-interlaced (I don't think that this matters).

I installed RedHat Linux5.2 yesterday at my home. Is it possible to
install Debian in the same partition. Installation of Debian detects
Linux Native and swap to be already present. Is it OK to proceed. Will
it modify lilo.conf and give me an option to use redhat or debian?
Further, will there be any problem (conflict of packages)?

Further debian doesn't consider my floppies to be valid type. It
declares them invalid and doesn't perform boot floppy preparation during
the installation phase. However these floppies r OK. Is there anything
else I should do?

Please excuse me for posting it to both lists and also in case this is
being repeated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Sudhir.P
--
When you hit rock bottom, there is no way, but, up.