mulinux, floppy distributions

Hi

Have you heard of MULINUX ?

If not this email for you.

muLinux (µ-Linux) is a full-configured, minimalistic, almost
complete, application-centric tiny distribution of Linux made in
Italy, fitted on a single 1722K floppy. Its aim is to demonstrate the
power and scalability of this operating system. The 2.0.36 kernel is
compiled for the 386 (without co-processor) and modularized as much
as possible. The binaries are taken from the dozens of distibutions
and boot-floppies

It has 2 optional add on floppies.

The muLinux XWindow addon consists, basically, of the VGA-16 XServer,
the fvwm95-2, Afterstep and wm2 Window-Manager and the XFM
Application & File Manager. Other X programs are: xcalc, xclock,
xload, xhost, xmodmap, xsetroot, xinit, xcal, xmixer, pyro, xsnow and
xterm. xterm can be used to run every text-mode muLinux command
(lynx, minicom, workbone, etc...). xhost is interesting because it
allows the local X server to display

The GCC addon floppy consists of many programming tools like GCC,
pascal2c etc.

Windows/dos users should also download dostools.zip which contains a
lot of tools including install.bat which gives you the option to
prepare the 3 floppies or install linux in the fat16 partition as a
UMSDOS installation. The UMSDOS installation including both the add
on floppies occupy only abut 16 mb.

The 3 floppies can also be used to create a UMSDOS installation on
any windows/dos machine. This can just be done by just booting
completely using all the 3 floppies and issuing a clone command which
will clone the entire installation on to the dos partition. Great way
to non-intrusively do a linux installation on dos/Windows users,
(with xwindows) which may encourage them to go in for a full linux
installation later on. ONE EASY WAY TO INCREASE OUR TRIBE I, GUESS.

The URL is mulinux.nevalabs.org/mulinux

It is also under very fast development. The latest release was on
25th April, and the latest version is 5.7.

In the last meeting I got a Stampede linux cd (a distribution of
linux optimised for Pentiums). I also found in the cd a directory
called tiny_linuxes which contained other floppy based linux
distributions. They are the most recent versions of
DLX distribution, Doslinux, ELKS, floppyX, hal91, loaf, lods, lrp,
monkey_linux, smalllinux, tomsrtbt and trinux.

Any takers for any of the above.

A few questions which someone asked me recently

Does our government has any restrictions on the use of cyphers.

Can we use PGP legally?

Can any one tell me how to get/use PGP?

Any answers???

Sorry for the long mail