Re: error in reading frame-buffer device

> Hi,
> 	Are you sure the framebuffer device is compiled in?
> 1. Do you get the penguin boot logo?
> 2. Check /proc/devices for the fb device (29).
>
> The "No such device" error you get is usually because of the driver not
> being loaded.
>
> Regards
> Sojan.

hi Sojan

1.

i what i think there should always be a frame buffer device otherwise
how X server can work on my machine .....( its my thinking may be wrong )
so having  a penguin boot logo is not the sign of having a framebuffer
device

btw i dont get any logo at boot time

2. yes in /proc/devices

   it shows "fb" character device with major device no 29

regards

shubh
REC-Surat
            @>