Re: images in php4

This is good enough. For more info, I'd suggest the svgalib mailing list. Sergio Masci might have some really helpful tips. Generally the palette is stored with the image and it is possible to have separate palettes for images. Also different images with the pallette missing will look strange if opened with a different palette. It is also possible to choose your own indexes in a simple text file (photo-cryptography anyone?) and use that to create png. No idea of GIF but guess that works the same way. "Definitive guide to PNG" is a great book on the subject.

\Indraneel

PS: my program dnacgr has a snippet of code to generate png from a memory dump of the screen.

--
http://www.indialine.org