Java network problem

Hi!
I have a strange problem while running  a Java network application. My
program simply connects to the specified host and port , anmd prints
the first line that it receives. Now it works perfects on my own
machine which is a linux one. But the same program running on a
different windoze machine is throwing an unknownhost exception. Now
this machine otherwise has no other problems using network
programs. One can browse, ftp telnet and do all other thigs. but only
Java progs refuse to run.

Has anybody faced this problem yet? I have tried domain names , as
well as InetAddresses. But in all the cases the same problem is
recurring. Does Java have a different way of DNS lookups or
something??

- Sandip

Sandip Bhattacharya
<sandipb@xxxxxxxxxxx>