podfuk

This is in reply to Raja's mail regardinf ftpfs
Sorry to write a mail out of the continuing thread.
actually I downloaded the mail somewhere else
and writing this mail from somewhere else.
Coming back to the main topic
podfuk (which is basically for coda/venus) wasnt of any special use
anyway I am writing a kernel module for the first time
so my main interest is in reading and understanding the kernel code
rather than looking for some short-cuts.
I am pretty convinced with your argument of ftp fs functionality
belonging outside the kernel but what I am trying to do is
something like this:-

* open the traditional two sockets for control and data.
* connect the control socket with the remote machine on port 21
* send the customary FTP ascii commands to the ftp server
* receive the responses from the server
*receive the file-names and files from the server
*and present them to the vfs using dentry and inode structures

Intrepid Soldier