Gtk Widget referencing

hi all,
	I am very new to Gtk/Gdk and am writing an interface in it. I made
the interface in glade and then modified the files generated.

	The structure of the files is pretty standard, like main creates a
gnome application widget app1, which contains a lot of widgets. The
problem now I am facing is how to reference these widgets in
functions. For example I want to access the value of a spin box when a
button is pressed. How do i do it?

	One way is to declare all pointers to these widgets global. But is
there any other way?

	Also I wanted to know what gtk_widget_ref() does ? Could not find
in the docs.

	Thanks in Advance.

--

#!!!	If anything can go wrong, _FIX_ it. (To hell with MURPHY)

						Ajay kumar Dwivedi
						 ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx