Distro howto??

[Not exactly a programming question. Sorry.]

Is there any place I can get to know how a distro instalaltion works?
I have been a RedHat user all this while. What has always made me
curious is how a RH distrib installs itself ...

1. How does RPM install itself on a new system? Or upgrade itself to a
new version like in RHL7?
2. How does it manage to upgrade glibc on a disk when it has itself
booted from a CD ...
3. How in the order of installation, visible above the progress-bar
during installation, it manages to install dependencies of the
package(like glibc) after the package itself.

... and scores of other things ..

Seems if I could know of this .. a lot of problems in my life could be
solved. ;)

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya