Re: Autostart

On 27 Mar 2001, Karthika  Sivaramakrishnan wrote:

> Hello!
> Where should I specify (and how) the name of a program that is to be
> executed when X Window starts? I do not want to put it in the Autostart
> folder, as only the administrator (root) must know of its presence.

	Put the command& in /etc/X11/Xsession. But it will run with user
permissions I think. And it can be avoided by users too.
	If you want something which starts with each init 5, you can set
it in /etc/X11/prefdm.
	Or maybe you can write a wrapper for the Xserver which launches
your program after starting X.

> Will the program  get executed no matter as which user a person logs in?

	Depends on how clever the user is if he smells something fishy ;-)

	Bye...
--

#!!!	If anything can go wrong, _FIX_ it. (To hell with MURPHY)

						Ajay kumar Dwivedi
						 ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx