Re: Is the data part also send in Network Byte Order?

> > While sending integers in the header like IP addr, etc.., we are sending
it in
> > Network Byte Order.  What about data?  Do we have to send data - also in
NBO?
> > If not, how the other end will know whether it is small/big endian?
> An application level protocol built on top of TCP/IP defines the byte
order.
isn't this obvious.......
Basically the data is sent as a byte stream, leaving it to the application
level protocol to intrepret/code as per needs. The beauty of most of the
common protocols like ftp, smtp,http,pop3, etc is that the basic protocol is
implemented using human readable data, so things like byte order for
integers are not touched!!!!

Bye,