Re: shared library problem

Have you used -soname flag. I sets an internal field of library which is
preferred.

i.e. if you have a file myfile.so with internal field set to mylib, then -lmylib
will pick up myfile.so even if there is no file mylib.so.

This is a recommended method rather than relying on file name.

man ld for more details...

 Shridhar