Re: shared library problem

At 12:01 PM 2/7/2001 +0530, you wrote:

I have a small problem linking to shared library.
I have created a shared library using " gcc -shared -o mylib.so test.c"
when i try to link it using the -L option specifying the directory where
this library is along with -l option specifying the library name , it
says , No such file or directory.Can anybody please help me in using
shared libraries created by us.

Library files should be prefixed with "lib". Make your file libmylib.so, and try your command again (without prefixing "lib" in the command line).

--

Kiran Jonnalagadda
www.pobox.com/~jace