From: archan <devrootp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-india-programmers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LIP] kernel compilation
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:37:43 +0530

Please specify the exact version of the kernel (version with sub and
test numbers) ..... If it is test9 and gcc is 2.96-54 unstable, then
this prob may arise...

archan
devrootp@xxxxxxxxxxx

Rajeev Rao wrote:

Hello,
  I recently installed Caldera e-desktop 2.04 on my machine. I've been
trying to re-configure and re-compile my kernel. These are the steps
that I do

make menuconfig   //Do the needfull
make dep;make clean; make bzImage

The compiling stops midway.
I've copied the error stream as have sent the attachment. Can someone
look at it and help me solve the problem.

Thanks,
Rajeev