[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Subject Index][Thread Index]
I have some ideas, I am not sure if you want to write an utility that is
already there or a new utility
1. One obvious utility everybody tries to design is our good old "GREP", why
don't you give it a try.
2. With LEX & YACC (FLEX & BISON for LINUX) , you could design some
parsers,for (MENU-GENERATION-LANGUAGE , etc) - refer LEVINE for more
details. (You can cook up a lot of ideas with LEX & YACC)
3. One simple and a good utility is to develop cb (C-Beautify), It works as
- It checks for matching braces and indents the entire code
- Its indenting is based on the tab-space specified
- You could think of indenting comments etc.
I'm not sure about the complexity of your project. If it is a mini project,
then stick to small parsers or small pre-existing utilities.
If you think "BIG" let me know!!!
Aditya R Rao
----- Original Message -----
From: Rahul Jindal <rahulj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2001 4:04 AM
Subject: [LIP] Make
> hello people
> i need some information about the 'make' utility. please refer me to some
> information. in case you can send some info you might have,
> i'll be really thankful
> also please suggest me some utilities that can be developed in linux, i
> that as a sem project.
> rahul "zombie"
> Find out more about this and other Linux India
> mailing lists at http://lists.linux-india.org/