Re: How to identify a Unix machine....]

Santosh Singh wrote (sanhackin@xxxxxxxxx):
> => TO DEVELOP AND LEARN SOMETHING VERY NEAR TO SYSTEM
> AND TO TRACK INTRUDERS YOU NEED TO PORT SCAN, SNIFF
> THE PACKET AND ALL.
>

> =>A BORN HACKER IS NEVER WORRIED FOR HIS/HER JOBS .
>
> HAVE THE CURIOUSITY OF HUMAN BEING WD NOT EXISTED TILL
> DATE WE MIGHT BE USING PIGEONS FOR MAILING.

Dear poster, please check your caps lock key. There is no reason to yell.
I'll keep this story short, I promise...

Some years ago, I had exactly the same ideas, "the pursuit of knowledge",
"curiosity", "white hat hacker", etc. One boring holiday morning, I went to
uni and started "experimenting". I did this in all innocence I assure you, but
that was not what the authorities had in mind. I had a tough time convincing
them of my innocence. In Australia there is a 2 year maximum jail sentence for
hacking and is considered serious offence. Scary!

Don't let what happened to me happen to you - a wise man learns from others
mistakes. The idea of being a hacker is exciting (romantic even), but the
reality is terrible. Give it up. Play by the rules and nobody gets hurt.

> = and above all
> =
> = |   | |\ | |  | \/
> = |__ | | \| |__| /\ IS THERE
> =
> = just for those people u have criticised.

What are you talking about?? Linux is there for everyone, not just for
hackers. Besides, I'm not critisising anyone. I said portscanning was
unethical.

> Finally dont mess up between WHITE HAT HACKER and a BLACK HAT HACKER.

Like I already said, try explaining that to the authorities and see how far
you can get.

This thread has gone too far off the original topic, I appologise for this
diversion.

- Raja