RE: Error in compilation with function crypt( )

Did you link with the reqd library ?
gcc -o mycrypt mycrypt.c -lcrypt -L[whereevr you libraries are, optional]

From the man pages..

     The routines above are  found in the library ``libcrypt.a'', and are
     loaded if the option ``-lcrypt'' is used with cc(1) or ld(1).

Ciao !
Shourya

Shourya.Sarcar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Global Software Platforms, India