RE: GNU make and VC++

#
#Hello list,
Hello buddy !

#
#I have a project which was developed using VC++. I want to
#port that onto linux
#m/c... I have done the porting work. What i need is that
#somehow i should be
#able to export the makefile and use that with GNU make
#utility... else i have to
#write the makefiles for the complete directory structure on linux

Depending on the time, and initiative you have, you may try 'imake', the
platform independent Makefile generator which comes with the XWindow System.
You will get a brief intro at this site
http://www.primate.wisc.edu/software/imake-stuff/

but I would reccomend you take up the original book by Paul Dubois
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1565922263/o/qid=973749888/sr=8-1/ref
=aps_sr_b_1_1/103-5292629-5217458

Software Portability With Imake (Nutshell Handbook)
by Paul Dubois, Gigi Estabrook (Editor)

Regards
Shourya
Shourya.Sarcar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Global Software Platforms
GE Medical Systems
A1 Golden Enclave, Airport Road, Bangalore, India 560 017
Tel : +91-80-526 3121|3496 Ext 362
Surf : www.gemedicalsystems.com | www.shourya.com