Re: file table entry and i-node

hi
if u create the 2 descriptors using open()  then file table entries will be different . each with its own
current offset .  writing to both desc may result in loss of data if append option is not specified during
open().
reading & writing won't have any problem.

if u create the second desc using dup() (or some variant) then file table entries will be same. & the
problem with writing to both descriptors won't arise.

the v-node entry is just one for each file, which may be open in more than one process .

_______
deepak