From: linux-india-programmers-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-india-programmers-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Shridhar Daithankar
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 12:26 PM
To: linux-india-programmers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LIP] X app on multiple displays

Hi

I do not agree with you. I use reflection. It's an X server after all.

What you need to do is to run a X application with multiple display
variables as
command line arguments.

Or other way I can think of is, as follows.

Lets say you want a program running on machine 'A' to be displayed on
machines
'B' to 'Z'.  So on machines 'B'-'Z', add 'A' in access control list. And run
program on 'A' with DISPLAY variable set to any one machine of 'B'-'Z'.
Point is
it has to go to the network.
The machines 'B'-'Z' should listen to and accept the broadcast traffic from
that
machine, even if it's not destined to to them. Maybe put your network card
in
promiscuous mode. Ugly hack indeed. What do you people think? Will this
work?

 Bye
  Shridhar