Re: Registry

Hi,

  The registry in NT takes the place of all the files in /etc in a
Linux filesystem ie, the configuration files. Now the difference between
Linux and NT is that Linux does not give a kernel interface to read the
config files whereas NT does. And after you've gone through the
Registry ... you'll find what a stupid idea it was in the first place
:-).

 If you want to edit a config file ... just use vi!

Regards
Vivek

Unix was never designed to keep people from doing stupid things,
because that policy would also keep them from doing clever things.