Re: boot problems

hi sandeep/archan,
  i had a similar problem too... solved it by adding
these lines in /etc/hosts (basically, archan's way of
doing it with linuxconf would do this too):

<your IP address>     <your host name>  <your
hostname>.<your domain name>

by the way, if your PC is a standalone PC, you can
choose any host name, and any domain name - it does
not matter. the default /etc/hosts file should work i
guess:

127.0.0.1  localhost  localhost.localdomain

to this, you could add this line:

127.0.0.1   myhost  myhost.mydomain

and, makesure that the file

/etc/sysconfig/network contains the line:

HOSTNAME="myhost"

rgds,
arvind.

--- Archan Paul <kernelcoder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Hi