Re: boot problems

Sandeep,

I faced similar problem with httpd and sendmail. I stumbled upon
a solution(?), which worked for me. I don't know the actual cause.

I think httpd/sendmail wait for maybe, some kind of response from
the local system using system name. I noticed that ping on the local
system was not working. However, ping on loopback interface
IP address was working well. I sensed some kinda config problem.
I just did a n/w configuration from scratch and it worked for me!!
I don't know 'bout system logger. I know it all appears vague,
but lemme tell u again, it worked for me :-)

Satheesh