Re: about accpet system call

+             i have made simple client/server application in  C. When my
+ client disconnect from server i  get close state in "netstat -a" and it
+ remains for hours. I have checked my code i have used "close(sockfd)" at
+ proper places.

Is it CLOSED or CLOSE_WAIT or FIN_WAITx state? I think you are talking
about the later one. Anyway, it should time out after some time. BTW, by
any chance, have you used socket option SO_LINGER or something in your
program?

+             After running server for two to three days my client could
+ not connect
+ to server. at that time i am getting error "to many file open" on server
+ side.

This is a side effect and it will go off, once the above thing gets
solved.

Sharad.