Re: NoClassDefFound error & [LIH] sun jdk on RH6.2

Well, I wasn't in office for sometime....now that I'm back, here goes
*From jdk1.2*, u don't need to set the classpath at all!!!!! (If u use the
bootstrap classes and the extensions provided by jdk only).   Check these
links out as to how classes are found.

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/tooldocs/findingclasses.html
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/tooldocs/solaris/classpath.html

And yes, the classes in the current directory  are also "seen" by the java
interpreter since "." is the default CLASSPATH setting (i.e if no CLASSPATH
env variable is found).  If u need to define the CLASSPATH environment
variable, (for classes developed by u/3rd party) then you will have to
specify  "." in the classpath,  as you overrode the default "." ...seems
fair enough doesn't it.  The links should give u more info.

HTH
Kiran

Rajeev Jha <rajeevj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 07/13/2000 10:35:59 AM

Please respond to linux-india-programmers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx