Re: JSP Performance

At 10:32 AM 7/10/00 +0530, you wrote:
hi list
1. if u have the tar.gz file of binaries, just untar that to some
directory

I do not have the tar.gz of binaries. I have .tar file of source. I tried to compile it but the compilation does not proceed far. It gives an error "srcdir not found" and exits.

If possible could you give me the site from where I could download the required binaries to run jakarta-tomcat.

        Thanks again
        -------Jayant

2. set environment variables like TOMCAT_HOME , JDK_HOME
3. start tomcat
this is for stand-alone tomcat (default port 8080)
for tomcat with apache
+1 : append an include line at the end of httpd.conf abt the location of
tomcat-apache.conf
+2 : LoadModule mod_jserv.so : this is the plug-in for tomcat
+3 : first start tomcat and then apache

HTH

--
 ----  insanity is hereditary, you can catch it from your kids