Re: smallest unit of time

Hi,
there are tons and tons of time related functions. see the time man pages
for time for a start. look in the see also section for time.

The unit of time in Linux is a jiffy (pl. jiffies)as far as I know. You may
have to consult Linux Device Drivers by Alessandro rubini for that.

bharat.
On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 6:11:56 +0500,
linux-india-programmers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  hi
>  what is the smallest unit of time i can have from the system. function
time(...) returns in seconds. can it be smaller ?