Re: Performance issues?

> What are the performance differences in statically linked and dynamically
>linked programs? I need to know this for one of my simulation program
>before putting it together..

The performance difference is only at startup time. However, if
linux implements lazy binding (I'm not sure that it does), there is
a small extra penalty, when a symbol is first referenced.

Then again, for scientific programs, the performance is always
limited by the inner loops. There static vs dynamic doesn't make
any difference.

Remember, premature optimization is the root of all evil :)

    -Arun