Kernel stack

Hi,
     I haven't been able to figure out about how the kernel stack is
maintained. From what I read, each task_struct has pointers to both the the
kernel stack and process stack, but both these stacks are with respect to a
process.  what happens during a hardware interrupt?....where is the stack
in this case as we enter the kernel mode  without a valid "current"
pointer?
do we "steal" the kernel stack of a process or is there a separate stack to
deal with this?

Regards,
Sojan.