[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Subject Index][Thread Index]
- To: linux-india-programmers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Browser
- From: Syed Khader Vali <sid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 23 May 2000 20:51:02 +0530
- Copyright: Copyright 2000 Syed Khader Vali - All Rights Reserved
- Disclaimer: Not speaking for anyone in any way, shape, or form.
- In-reply-to: Rohit Singh's message of "Mon, 22 May 2000 14:51:59 +0530"
- Operating-system: Turing OS XCVII
- Organization: Sid Carter Inc.
- Reply-to: sid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Url: http://www.sidcarter.com/
>>>>> On Mon, 22 May 2000 14:51:59 +0530, Rohit Singh <rohitsingh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
Rohit> Okay, even if Lynx is good, it does NOT replace GUI
Rohit> browsers. Lynx does not support Frames, it doesn't support
Rohit> File-upload... It doesnt help in case of Java applets and
You did not talk about w3m here ?
Rohit> Netscape for Linux IS a memory hog, and there's no escaping
Rohit> from this fact. Perhaps we'll have to wait for M$ to start
Rohit> shiping IE for Linux ;)
I use either w3m or netscape on my box here. Crashes are rare !!
Rohit> What's Mozilla btw? It's Netscape aka Mozilla afaik. Type
Rohit> about:mozilla in the Netscape Location bar and see for
If that's what you think mozilla is , then you are wrong. Mozilla is
the open source version of netscape and it relativly less memory
hogging as compared to netscape. But it is still in beta, so use at
your own risk.
P.S: This thread should either goto LIH or LIG. LIP is not the place for it.
Linux poses a real challenge for those with a taste for late-night
hacking (and/or conversations with God).
Syed Khader Vali (Siddiq) sid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Debian GNU/Linux (Woody) http://www.sidcarter.com