Re: Opinions [WAS] Re: Browser

    Shourya> lightweight, but lacks Java* support.

<snip>
    Ravikant> 	*definitely* ? Why? Am *I* going to perish if I dont
    Ravikant> have java/script/whatever ? no. Well, it *will* be
    Ravikant> useful, in many/certain situations, yes ... but I won't
    Ravikant> die if I dont have it.

Well, First there is nuthing wrong with a GUI. Then why not windows ?
It's that a GUI hides the actuall stuff that is happening behind the GUI.
So obviously it is not advisable for a good sysadmin to use a
GUI. Where as for some one who doesn't know the intricacies, it is ok
for him. As far as bash command completion is concerned, you can
either use zsh or tcsh for that or use ksh with some tweaks. Linux is
a lot different from other Unices out there in the market. Life is a
lot easier in Linux, but it has its own merits and demerits and
similarly *BSD looks realatively tough, but then again it has its own
merits and de-merits. Lets not discuss them here and push this on to
the LIG's stack :-)
Thanks
Regards
        - Khader
--
Linux poses a real challenge for those with a taste for late-night
hacking (and/or conversations with God).

Syed Khader Vali (Siddiq)                          sid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)                    http://www.sidcarter.com