Form validation using perl

Hi

One of my colleagues wanted me to post this query to the list.

begin query ...

I have been doing an application module in Perl. I am able to validate
each field in the form, only after i finish the full form entry. I would

like to know a way by which i can validate a field while entering its
value itself.

      Another problem is suppose i have given only a minimum width
for entering a field in the screen,but i need to enter values more than
that (scrolling field). (Eg. Suppose I allot only 20 charactors width to
be displayed in the screen and i want the field to accept say 30
charectors)

So i need that field to scroll while data entry. Is it possible in
Perl in any way.If you could provide solutions for these 2 problems it
would be helpful.

end query....

Can anyone help?

Regards