Re: [LIP] CPU Info

Hi,

     Rohit wrote:

>cat /proc/stat
>
>Based on those values, you can calculate the system
>loads(USER/NICE/SYST) on the various CPU's using an equation.
>
>See the source code of "top" in procps package for the exact equations
>or contact me.

Now, these statistics are printed even if one of the CPUs is made non
functional. So, we cannot really detect if one of the CPUs is down or not.
And that is exactly what I need to do !! I need to detect the failure of a
CPU. Is there any other way to do so ?!

And what exactly is this Equation that you mentioned ?!

TIA,

Regards,
Sandeep Sundaram

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com