Re: Configuring Tomcat with Apache (1.3) Web Server

Hi,

I have configured Tomcat w/ Apache 1.3.9 on Red Hat 6.1

First, download jakarta-tomcat from http://jakarata.apache.org . You
also need to download mod_jserv.so binary from the Linux directory
there.

<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.0/<os>/<platform>/modules>

copy mod_jserv.so to /etc/httpd/modules

In the last line of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf include the path of the
tomcat.conf file
I have put tomcat in /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat , so my last line looks
like:

Include /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/tomcat.conf

Then follow the following steps:

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop

# /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/bin/startup.sh .

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

Fire your browser, and point it to:
http://127.0.0.1:8080

Tomcat should be smiling at you now.