Re: missing header files in c for socket programming

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, [iso-8859-1] prince mavi wrote:

> hi there,
>

> i downloaded some c source programs (relating socket
> programming etc) to try.
>
> but i do not have the required header files like:
>
> time.h
> stropts.h
> socket.h
> signal.h
>
> net/if.h
> net/nit_if.h
> net/if_arp.h
>
> netinet/in.h
> netinet/if_ether.h
> netinet/in_system.h
> netinet/ip.h
> netinet/udp.h
> netinet/tcp.h
> netinet/ip_var.h
> netinet/udp_var.h
> netinet/in_system.h
> netinet/ip_icmp.h
>
> would u please tell me as to where can i find these on
> The net?
>
> kindly guide
>
> thanx in anticipation
>
> ciao
> prince
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ciao/prince,
If the prgramme was intended for windows/dos, then I have no idea.
If however, you have a linux system. you should find all header
files in /usr/include/ directory.

If you don;t, then download glibc &gcc from www.gnu.org.

pallav
Anthony's Law of Force : Don't Force it, Get a bigger Hammer.
Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              |
F-46,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         |
PIN 560012           |                                             |
Phone : 3092625      |                                             |