Escape Sequences, security and SaTaN

Hello people,
	I have a problem here. I've heard that there is an escape sequence
that allows one to execute a command on a terminal(ploc or something).
If this is true and anyone out there knows of it, please do let me know.
Another thing, I'd like to know a couple of good sites on security (apart
from cert). Something practical. The problem is that I'm trying to secure
a bunch of servers that are continuously broken into. Also, if anyone out
there has installed and gotten Satan working, I'd like to know something
about it.

Thanx

Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.
		-- Michelangelo