Re: A fork Bomb - A deadlock ??

Yo,
Linux and most unices use the ostrich algorithm to deal with deadlocks
primarily because on a proeprly configured system, deadlocks are a rarity.
A fork bomb doesn't necessarily lead to a deadlock although it can
seriously slow down the system and is a pretty effective DoS
attack.Progrmas like the following

main()
{
	fork();
	main();
}

are a strict no-no. root has the job of restricting the max. no. of user
processes. This should guarantee some level of safety.

One more thing,
I am interested in device drivers and I'd be very grateful if someone
could give me some thing to start with(Urls, books etc.)

Thanx

Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.
		-- Michelangelo