[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Subject Index][Thread Index]
Oracle on RH 6.1
I managed to Install Oracle 8i on RH 6.1.
I followed the steps given at
But when I tried to start the application, it gave me an error saying that
"failure in processing system parameters"
"Failure during processing of INIT.ORA parameters during system startup"
I thought that this could have been due to the reason that I had not set my
system's SHMMAX to the recommended value. So I went ahead and changed its
value in shmparam.h . But When I recompiled my kernel, it gave me a kernel
panic as follows :
hda: cannot handle device with more than 16 heads-giving up
end-request: I/O error, dev 03:01(hard disk), sector 4040.
hda: read-intr : status=0x59
hda: read-intr : error 0x04
What am I suppose to interpret from this. And what are the changes I have
to incorporate to get Oracle started.
Free email with personality! Over 200 domains!