[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Subject Index][Thread Index]
On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 12:54:24PM +0530, Sridhar wrote:
> In that case how do I learn that -- man pages? books?
I recommend roughly in the following order:
1. A beginner OS book (Tannenbaum or Silberschatz)
2. 4.4 BSD book by McKusick et al.
3. Indispensable PC hardware book
4. Computer Architecture by Hennessey and Patterson (basics at least)
5. Uresh Vahalia's book for understanding all the design alternatives.
6. UNIX systems for modern architectures (Curt Schimmel)
- Prev by Subject:
- Next by Subject:
- Previous by thread:
- Next by thread: