Re: To compile a .so lib

Hi,

> > I have the source for openssl, but when I compile, I get an .a archive. Lynx wants a .so library. How do I compile, so that I get a .so library ?
>
> gcc -shared *.o  -o libfoo.so

Thanks Arun and Binand. I seem to have a problem though. I collected all the object files for ssl and crypto in separate dirs and ran the above command. No problem in creating the .so lib. When I run lynx( with ssl ), I get error:

lynx.ssl: error in loading shared libraries: lynx.ssl: undefined symbol: SLsmg_Newline_Moves

There seems to be something I'm missing. There were no problems in make. I have made the symlinks and run ldconfig.

Thanks,
Gautam