Re: Notification on file/dir change ?

Hi,

Nick Hill typed:
> Efsd (of enlightenment DR17 fame), claims to have a
> new system for detecting file state changes. I haven't
> seen the code yet. Its been ages since I've CVS
> updated E. whatever it is, it better be good. :)

Efsd uses FAM (File Alteration Monitor) from SGI, which can either use a
kernel module called imon (if available), or poll the files. FAM is
available at http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/

HTH..

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://mrinal.dhs.org/
Linux 2.4.3 || PGP:B1E86F5B || Mutt 1.3.17i (2001-03-28) || VIM 6.0t ALPHA